|Finlay Brewing Company, Toledo, Ohio|
From the 1903 book, 100 Years of Brewing, page 239.
In 1853 William J. Finlay established a small brewery on the site of the plant now operated by the Finlay Brewing Company, corner of Summit and Cedar streets, Toledo, Ohio. Ale and porter were brewed prior to 1869, when the plant was remodeled for the manufacture of lager beer. The bottling department was established in 1870, and the first refrigerating machinery installed in 1889. In 1901 the Pfaudler Company put in an outfit of glass enameled steel chip tanks. The brewery, which is modern in every respect, is to-day conducted under the management of William J. Finlay, the nephew of the founder. The other officers are: Dr. William Watts, president; Edward Radbone, vice-president; A. E. Klauser, treasurer, and Louis Volk, secretary.
From the 1995 book, American Breweries II, page 288.
NAME / ADDRESS
William J. Finlay
Finlay & Zahn
Wm. J. Finlay (Summit and Cedar Sts)
Finlay Brewing Co.
Huebner-Toledo Breweries Co., Finlay Brewery (1024/1028 Summit St)